Excursions and special inclusions
– Visit to the Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square
– Visit to the Great Wall of China and Ming Tombs
– Visit to the Forbidden City
– Visit to the local market
– Visit to the Choijin-Lama temple
– Tour of the Gandan Monastery
– Visit to Alpine Mongolia including horse-riding demonstration
– Follow the ancient tracks along the shores of Lake Baikal, including village visit
– Boat trip on Lake Baikal
– City tour
– City tour with visit to the market hall
– Visit to open-air museum
– City tour and traditional welcome with bread and salt
– City tour with visit to the Church of the Ascension
– City tour including guided visit of the Kremlin
– Night tour
– Tour of the subway
– City tour including Church of the Redeemer
– Peking Duck
– Caviar and vodka tasting
– Picnic on Lake Baikal
– Tsar’s feast
We regret that due to the intricate logistics of this tour, changes are sometimes unavoidable.
Prices include: train and hotel accommodation, excursions, meals & transfers according to the itinerary
Not included: flights, fees for visa, tips and own expenses.
Our service––Your benefit
- More than 25,000 satisfied guests have travelled Europe's most experienced Tour Operator on the Transsiberian Railroad with the know-how from over 20 years of operating tours in Russia and on the Transsiberian.
- The only Private Train on the Transsiberian awarded the TÜV quality seal of the official German technical inspection authority (constantly monitoring service quality).
- Obtain insights into Russian, Mongolian and Chinese culture––in just one epic journey.
- Dine in our lovingly designed restaurant wagons and enjoy finest local cuisine and drinks served by courteous waiters.
- 41 meals included during the tour according to itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- More than 20 excursions and performances included as well as all entrance fees.
- Professional threefold tour guide-system: Knowledgeable and dedicated tour director, a competent group guide (max. 26 guests per group guide) as well as local guides, all equipped with expert knowledge of the region.
- Individual special requests possible: Access to forbidden zones and extra opening hours.
- Alternating overnights in your train compartment and in first class and standard hotels.
- Choose from 6 different compartment categories on Tsar’s Gold: Standard (4-bed berth); Standard Plus (2-bed berth) – Classic and Superior (Superior cat 2 is newly renovated); Nostalgic Comfort (these newly built cars are nostalgically furnished in the Soviet Government Train style of the 50’s); Bolshoi (2-bed berth with en-suite facilities) and Bolshoi Platinum (even larger than Bolshoi cabins also featuring a full shower cabin)
- Travel with guaranteed accommodation in the category booked onboard the Private Train from Erlian to Moscow; single accommodation is possible.
- From Beijing to Erlian (about 16 hours) accommodation in comfortable sleeping quarters (the Chinese train does not carry sleeping cars of the Nostalgic Comfort and Bolshoi category; single and double accommodation aren’t guaranteed except for categories Nostalgic Comfort and Bolshoi / Bolshoi Platinum).
- Extensive trip on the ancient rail lines of the Transsiberian Railway directly on the banks of Lake Baikal with photo stop.
- Two overnights in Beijing and one night in Moscow in first class hotels (4 star level) – Bolshoi/BP guests reside in deluxe rooms or suites of the group hotels whereas Non-Bolshoi guests in cat 1-3 sleep in standard rooms (Bolshoi and Non-Bolshoi guests stay at the same hotels).
- One overnight each at centrally located standard hotels (3 star level) in Ulan Bator and Irkutsk – Bolshoi/BP guests reside in deluxe rooms or suites of standard hotels.
- All transfers at your travel destinations (on arrival and departure day only during specific times).
- Luggage service at all train stations.
- Detailed travel documents, travel guides and personal log book.
- On-board programmes: Entertaining lectures on local culture, history and everyday life.
- Caviar and vodka tasting on board the train.
- Doctor on board (from the Chinese border to Moscow).
- Showers on board.
- Traditional Russian welcoming ceremony with bread, salt and Balalaika music.
- Special Peking Duck dinner at one of Beijing’s leading theme restaurants.